Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Clarity of mind means clarity of passion, too; this is why a great and clear mind loves ardently and sees distinctly what he loves." -- Blaise Pascal




Clarity. I often find myself attempting to stop, refocus my sight and gain my footing, and find clarity in the chaos that is daily life. It always leaves me slightly nauseous, using a hand on a wall to steady myself, struggling to make sense of everything. I've had a lot of time to be introspective and seek clarity lately- illness allows for that, between the pain and healing and recovery. And I think- no, I know- that I've found at least a little.

I once believed that there was a right time for everything. There was a time line and everything had its moment when it was 'right'. But what if I was wrong. What if there is no right time? What if there is only now, only this moment. What if there is only this moment and you let it go without taking the chance, and that's it?

Clarity- what are you going to do with this moment? I know what I'm doing with it- I'm open-armed and open hearted and I'm here.




No comments:

Post a Comment