Friday, July 17, 2009

Lullaby That is Your Heartbeat

Hadn't slept
in days
yet
I fell asleep to the steady
strong
safe
lullaby that is your heartbeat
I was laying in
your arms
my head against your chest
your arms around me
and my heart- once more
it became yours
again and again and again

And I meant it when I said I love you
and I miss you
and it's most overpowering
but I know I have to keep it in, stay reserved
but I don't want to.

I want to show up at your door
and kiss you until you are dizzy
and I'm dizzy
and we collapse, laughing,
onto the couch.
Breathless.
And talk, for hours,
or simply be quiet
together.
Just together.
With you.

You said that you've missed me
and I believe you
I miss you
and I love you.
And I want you.

I feel stupid, sometimes,
and confused
waiting here
waiting for an acknowledgment
for some time
But I still wait.

I fell asleep
to to the steady
strong
safe
lullaby that is your heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment